Granola is toasted oats, nuts and dried fruit with a little fat (we use coconut butter) and sweetener (honey), and is considered crunchier than traditional muesli.
Freshly baked granola smells amazing and is so tasty and crunchy! Moreover, there are more than one and two advantages :
- It is prepared quickly and is not labor-intensive . Everything is just mixed, stirred, and baked, stir while baking so that it does not burn and bakes evenly!
- It's a perfect idea for a "cleaning out the cupboards" recipe ! The exact quantities of the ingredients used are described with the recipe, but in no case do you need to use the same products and quantities. It is more important to see what the principle is. If you have the other nuts - put them. If you want your granola to be sweeter - increase the honey or add chocolate after baking. So, from the heat of your granola, it will melt and it will become even more delicious and chocolaty!
- The granola is sweetened only by honey and dried fruits , that is, there is no added sugar and you know exactly what it contains , unlike some ready-made muesli in commercial chains.
- IT'S VERY TASTY! And it ends quickly - that's why there is no information about energy values.
- It is ideal for breakfast, but not only. It combines perfectly with yogurt and fresh milk but can be eaten as an afternoon snack or just a snack without adding milk/juice.
- It is easy to store - when it cools down, it is enough to move it to a glass jar, which you can store in a cupboard.
- You can also make other healthy recipes from homemade granola. It would be a perfect ingredient for a healthy granola bar , for example. Honey, peanut butter, tahini, coconut oil, chocolate – chips or melted, coconut, and whatever else you have on hand can be added to the ready granola, and you can make granola bars from the mixture – a perfect option for walks outside.
- If you avoid gluten for some reason, you can make homemade gluten-free granola by choosing gluten-free oats.
Here's how to make homemade granola quickly and easily!
- 200 g oatmeal
50 g walnuts
- 20 g hazelnuts
- 20 g of flaxseed
- 40 g of sunflower
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 60 g honey
- 10 g of coconut oil
- 20 g of water
- 10 g of chia
- 10 g cocoa beans, lightly crushed
- 50 g prunes, sliced
- 30 g dried apricots, chopped
- 20 g of dates, chopped
- 20 g of dried cherries
20 g of coconut shavings
Method of preparation:
In a bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, hazelnuts, flaxseed, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
In a pan, mix the honey, coconut oil and water. Heat slightly and stir until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Pour it into the bowl with the oatmeal and mix well.
Spread the mixture in a pan covered with baking paper on the bottom and bake in a preheated oven at 180-200 degrees. Stir periodically to bake evenly and not burn. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
In a bowl, mix the chia, cocoa beans, prunes, cherries and apricots, dates and coconut shavings. Mix them and add them to the granola. Stir again and distribute the granola evenly on the pan.
Bake for a few more minutes, stirring here and there and ... that's it! Your delicious homemade granola is ready!
See how to prepare healthy pie with oatmeal, coconut pancake, salty cake without gluten or any of the other recipes in our blog.
Author: Katrin Mollova